Department of Personnel and Training had circulated Office Memorandum No.36039/1/2019-Estt (Res), regarding the implementation of post based reservation. This scheme of the reservation will be effective in respect of all direct recruitment vacancies to on or after 01.02.2019. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in direct recruitment in civil posts and services in the Government of India. The government of India has given reservation for economically weaker sections (EWS) in direct recruitment to civil posts and services.
Reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) in Direct Recruitment in Civil Posts and Services in the Government of India
अगर आप जनरल या किसी ऐसी कैटेगरी में आते है जिसमे वर्तमान आरक्षण का लाभ नहीं मिल रहा है, तो ये लेख आपके लिए है । मोदी सरकार ने अभी हल ही में ऐसी कैटेगरी को 10% आरक्षण का लाभ दिया है, जो कैटेगरी आरक्षित नहीं है। यहां पर हम आपको बता रहे है कि कैसे आप इस आरक्षण का लाभ उठा सकते है और कैसे अपना आय और संपत्ति प्रमाण पत्र बनवा सकते है।।
the following instructions are issued in consultation ‘with’ Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Department of Legal Affairs regarding reservation for EWSs not covered under the reservation scheme for SCs/STs/OBCs in respect of direct recruitment in civil posts and services in’ the Government of India.
Reservation For Economically Weaker Sections 2019
|Exemption From Reservation
1. “Scientific and Technical” posts which satisfy all the following conditions can be exempted from the purview of the reservation orders by the Ministries/Departments:
(i) The posts should be in grades above the lowest grade in Group A of the service concerned.
(ii) They should be classified as “scientific or technical” in terms of Cabinet Secretariat [OM No. 85/11/CF-61(1) dated 28.12.1961], according to which scientific and technical posts for which qualifications in the natural sciences or exact sciences or applied sciences or in technology are prescribed and, the incumbents of which have to use that knowledge in the discharge of their duties.
(iii) The posts should be ‘for conducting research’ or ‘for organizing, guiding and directing research’.
2. Orders of the Minister concerned should be obtained before exempting any posts satisfying the above condition from the purview of the scheme of reservation.
|Criteria of Income Assets
1. Persons who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs and whose family has a gross annual income below Rs 8 lakh (Rupees eight lakh only) is to be identified as EWSs for benefit of reservation. Income shall also include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession, etc. for the financial year prior to the year of application.
Also, the person whose family owns or has any of the following properties In spite of family income, EWS will be excluded from being identified as: –
i. 5 acres of agricultural land and above
ii. Residential at of 1000 sq ft. and above
iii. Residential plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
iv. The residential, plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the
2. The property held by a “Family” in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land. or property holding test to determine EWS status.
3. The term “Family” for this purpose will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
|Certificate Issuing Authority & Verification
1. The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed on the production of an Income and Asset Certificate issued by a Competent Authority. The Income and Asset Certificate issued ‘by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-I shall only be accepted as proof of candidate’s claim
as ‘belonging to EWS: –
2. The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Note: “The appointment is provisional and is subject to the Income and asset certificate being verified through the proper channels and if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to EWS is fake/false the services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate.”
5. The appointing authority should verify the veracity of the Income and asset certificate submitted by the candidate through the certificate issuing authority.
|Effecting Reservation – maintenance Of rosters
1. Department of Personnel and Training had circulated Office Memorandum No.36012/2/96-Estt(Res) dated July 2, 1997, regarding the implementation of post based reservation roster. The general principles for making and operating post based reservation roster would be as per the principles laid down in the said Office Memorandum.
2. Every Government establishment shall now recast group-wise post-based reservation roster register for direct recruitment in accordance with the format given in Annexure II, III, IV, and V, as the case may be, for affecting 10% reservation for EWSs interpolating them with the SCs, STs, and OBCs. While fixing roster point, if the EWS roster point coincides with the roster points of SCs/STs/OBCs the next available UR roster point has been allotted to the EWSs and also the principle of “squeezing” has been kept in view. While drawing up the rosters, the cadre controlling authorities may similarly “squeeze” the last points of the roster so as to meet prescribed 10% reservation.
3. Where in any recruitment year any vacancy earmarked for EWS cannot be filled up due to non-availability of a suitable candidate belonging to EWS, such vacancies for that particular recruitment year shall not be carried forward to the next recruitment year as backlog.
4. Persons belonging to EWS selected against the quota for persons with benchmark disabilities/ex-servicemen shall be placed against the roster points earmarked for EWS.
|Adjusted Against The Unreserved Vacancies
A person belonging to EWS cannot be denied the right to compete for appointment against an unreserved vacancy. Persons belonging to EWS who are selected on the basis of merit and not on account of reservation are not to be counted towards the quota meant for reservation.
|Fortnightly/Annual Reports Regarding Representation of EWS
1. The Ministries/Departments shall send a single consolidated fortnightly report including their attached/subordinate offices beginning from 15.2.2019 as per format at Annexure-VI.
From 01.01.2020, the Ministries/Departments shall upload data on the representation of EWSs in respect of posts/services under the Central Government on the URL i.e. www.rrcps.nic.in as on 1st January of every year. All Ministries/Departments have already been provided respective user code and password with guidelines for operating the URL.
|Maintenance of Register of Complaints by the Government Establishment
1. Every Government establishment shall appoint a senior officer of the Department as the Grievance Redressal Officer.
2. Any person aggrieved with any matter relating to discrimination in employment against any EWS may file a complaint with the Grievance Redressal Officer of the respective Government establishment. The name, designation and contact details of the Grievance Redressal Officer may be displayed prominently on the website and in the office of the concerned establishment.
1. Ministries/Departments/Attached and Subordinate Offices shall appoint Liaison Officer to monitor the implementation of reservation for EWSs.
2. The above scheme of the reservation will be effective in respect of all direct recruitment vacancies to be notified on or after 01.02.2019.
3. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the above instructions to the notice of all appointing authorities, under their control. In case of any difficulty with regard to the implementation of the provisions of this OM, the concerned authorities may consult DOP&T through their administrative Ministry/Department.
You can Direct Download 10% reservation in direct recruitment Income and Asset Certificate here.
⇒ Income and Asset Certificate
Office Memorandum & Annexure
You can download office memorandum and all Annexure here.
⇒ Office Memorandum
⇒ Annexure I
⇒ Annexure II
⇒ Annexure III
⇒ Annexure IV
⇒ Annexure V
⇒ Annexure VI
I hope the above information will be beneficial for you. If the information is liked, please ❤ Like ❤ Share ❤ Comment. Thanks